HELP FOR ALL

 

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness – Isaiah 41:10.”

There is no man on earth that does not need help. Did I just say earth? Even the creatures above, those in heaven need help too. As God would have it, He created everyone in such a way that we would at one point or the need help. Let not the strong man glory in his strength, said Jeremiah. Every strong man would at one way or the need help. Even the mighty Samson would have died of thirst after a mighty conquest.

Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom. There is a portion of a wise man’s life that has been drawn by God to need help. Solomon in all his glory was a man helped by God. Nevertheless, you would have known when reading through his history that he encountered downtime in his life because many people thought he was wise therefore, he needed no help. That was a wrong assumption and a deadly one too. The people begin to look at you that you can do it all alone without any help or assistance from someone, sir, beware. It is a dangerous one.

Again, for the benefit of noting it as important, I do like to iterate by the Spirit of God that we all need help – all of us. From the baby on the cradle to the king who sits on the throne. God has not created any man to be self-sufficient. Not yet, not now, not ever. Forget about all these phenomena and ideologies flying around about self this and self that.

“Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God – 2Cor. 3:5.”

Every Adam would need a helpmeet still. The (Moses)s are still very much in need of Aaron, Hur and Joshua. The lifted hands of our Moses would soon grow weak. What shall be the lot of the people of God when there are no Aarons and Hurs to lift them up. Again, the sword of the Joshuas in the valley would need the lifted hands of Moses on the mountain without which victory is not guaranteed.

However, there are challenges to this. First, men have grown to believe they don’t need help. This is the pride of his nature. As far as the word of God is concerned, there is nothing like “Do It Yourself – (DIY)” in this case. Drop this pride and humble yourself.

God has designed in such a way that from birth to death we must be people of people. Now, there are points we need to highlight before drawing conclusion.

Another challenge we have as men is that, those who acknowledge that they need help often go to seek for it in the wrong places. This is the reason the Lord of hosts warned His people and at length had to place a curse on those who go to seek help from the wrong source –

“Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD – Jer. 17:5.”
In another place He said to His people –
“O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help – Hos. 13:9.”
In God is your help. In Him alone is our help. Shame to those who trust or seek in other things, people for help while they forsake the Fountain of the Living Waters.

Two are better than one, says the writer of Ecclesiastes. One would chase a thousand and two should chase ten thousand. Why? There is help. And God promised His people that even to old age He would help –

“And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you – Is. 46:4.”
Seek the Lord for help. Help is available for you in Him.

HELPS GREETINGS


Follow the GOD, MY GUIDE! channel on WhatsApp: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VafV2xFJkK72DAnvhY17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BELOVED'S VOICE

TO SERVE

MAN AND WORK